Sunday, May 4, 2008

My New Friend Kate

It seemed like Avery spent her entire Saturday sleeping. She barely opened her eyes all day despite the fact that she had quite a few visitors come see her. One of her visitors was her new friend Kate. Kate is 2 weeks old (10 days older than Avery) and the daughter of some friends who live near us. Kate's mom Jennifer, who went to school with Jared, will be watching Avery once I go back to work. Here is a picture from their first play date - they both slept through it! This morning, after so much rest, Avery was wide awake and calm for quite a while. Since she sleeps so much it's fun to interact with her while she's awake. She likes to look at us and have us talk to her. I can tell she recognizes my voice.
Avery really really hates having her diaper changed, especially the part when a cold baby wipe touches her. Yesterday I started using the wipe warmer and noticed a difference immediately. She doesn't get mad anymore so changings are not as bad for either or us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan and Jared~~
Congrats! She is beautiful!! I'm excited for the whole family!! Yeah! Love you,
Sarah Dahlstrom

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! I love to check out your blog! SO cute! Congrats again and try to get some sleep.......--- Amber Taliaferro