Sunday, June 29, 2008

Two Months Old

Wow, hard to believe Avery is already two months old. Here's a pic from this morning. Amazing how much she's changed in the last month.

Avery had a two month check up on Friday. She seems to be healthy and doing everything she should be doing which is basically smiling and cooing a lot. Her neck is getting stronger but it will be awhile before she's holding her head up on her own. We will be taking her to the eye doctor to see if her eyes are developing correctly. I had big problems as a baby which I got from my dad. I'm really hoping she doesn't have all the trouble I had and also hoping she's not wearing glasses before her second birthday like me.

We've all been anxiously awaiting to hear how much she's grown. She was 10 pounds and 9 ounces (50th percentile), 23 1/4 inches long (75%), and her head was 15 1/4 inches (50%). The percentiles are about the same as they were at her one week checkup. Still long and lean!

Avery did get a couple shots which was terrible for both her and me. She was so well behaved during the appointment, but then screamed out in pain when she got the shots. One even bled. I felt so bad for her. She did get some cool shiny band-aids though.

No comments: