Monday, June 16, 2008

Bath Time

I thought we'd share some cute bath time photos. Avery is now taking baths in her little bathtub instead of just getting sponge baths. She is a pretty good sport about it. She tends to grimace and be pretty tense while she gets a bath, but she doesn't start crying until then end when she is cold. Last time I put the bathtub on the bathroom counter and Avery was looking at herself in the mirror. It was pretty cute.


Another accomplishment is that she is getting more accustomed to sitting by herself at times. She has really preferred to be held a lot even while sleeping, so it has been a huge relief to be able to lay her down for awhile. Her favorite is to lay in her boppy (a curved pillow) which she'll even nap in, although she also likes the bouncer (thanks to Amber and Ava for letting us borrow it, see pictures below). She is still not sold on the swing for some reason.



I am most thankful that she is a good sleeper at night. She generally sleeps through the night waking up once, sometimes twice, to eat. She does most of her night sleeping in the bassinet (pack and play) next to our bed. I am having trouble getting her to take good naps during the day, but she's doing better now that we're using the boppy. Maybe she feels more secure having something around her.

A few more cute pictures - lots of pictures today!

1 comment:

LesleyH said...

She is so precious, just adorable!! I can't stand it! And I think you are right about liking the boppy because it makes her feel secure and enclosed like the womb or your arms! Neat. Glad you found something that works for you:)