Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ladies Night at the K

On Thursday, Avery attended her first Kansas City Royals game. She and I went with my friends Kate and Beth and also one of Beth's friends. It was Ladies Night so all the ladies received pink Royals hats. Avery also received a certificate commemorating her first Royals game.

This was my first trip to Kauffman Stadium this year and the first time I saw the new giant scoreboard. Very impressive! Even more impressive was that the Royals beat the Tampa Bay Rays.

Avery was really really good during the game. She loves being outside. I was a little worried about the heat but it didn't bother her. She was so cute in her pink Royals onesie and Royals socks from Grandma JoAnn. I can't count the number of people who commented on how cute she looked.

Avery has started laughing quite a bit. It is adorable and usually a result of someone looking at and talking to her. Or she laughs when we laugh. She also thinks it's funny when her daddy makes her dance like the gopher in Caddyshack while singing "I'm alright."

She is getting much stronger and is holding her head up much more. She also likes to stand while you hold her up, but just for a few seconds.

Since she's turning 3 months old on Tuesday, we took her to get her pictures taken today. It was the first time we had them done professionally. Avery did great! They will be posted online in 10 days so I will post the link when it's ready.



Here is a recent picture of Avery and Cousin Cooper. Cooper is one month younger - and 3 pounds bigger now!


And can't forget Cousin Evan. We still struggle to get a good picture of the two of them because Evan is just a little too energetic for her. But you can see how much he loves seeing her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can confirm that reports have been received stating that Avery was wonderful at the game and that she's even cuter now than she was a few weeks ago!