Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Few Firsts

Avery had her first night away from Mom and Dad last weekend. She stayed with my mom while we went to my 10-year high school reunion. (Jared's reunion was a few weeks ago.) She did really well with her grandma and I got a little bit of sleep. However, I woke up early the next morning ready to have her back!

We had another "first" last weekend but not a good one. Avery got sick for the first time. It seemed to be a cold - some coughing, sneezing, and a watery eye. We could tell she didn't feel well when she didn't smile. That is the usual giveaway that she's tired. She had a hard time sleeping Saturday and Sunday nights and stayed home with Jared on Monday. She is much better now.

Avery is semi-mobile these days. She can scoot around especially going backwards and sideways. She can get into a crawling position and go backwards a little bit. When she's on the floor she immediately rolls over and does the highest push-up she can do. We are also working on sitting up but she often topples over.
Here are some pictures of Avery playing with Cousin Evan in their matching KU shirts, doing a push-up in her Halloween shirt, and lounging in the recliner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute, she is getting so big and doing so much!!!! Doesn't that night sleep feel great, but I agree I am more than ready to have him back!